We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Homemade mascarpone cheese: how to make mascarpone for tiramisu and other spoon desserts. Traditional recipe and variations such as that ofvegan mascarpone.
Themascarpone cheeseis a dairy product obtained from the processing ofcreamiscitric acid. We are talking about a typical product of the Italian food and wine tradition and its recipe has its roots in the Lombard land. It is no coincidence that the namemascarpone cheesederives from the Lombard termmaskor mascarpiaindicating cream or a creamy dairy product such as ricotta.
Homemade mascarpone cheese
The recipe that we propose you sees useful doses to prerare about 300 grams ofhomemade mascarpone cheese.
- 500 ml of fresh cream
- 10 ml of lemon juice
Choose fresh cream, take it at the refrigerated counter! Avoid choosing vegetable cream unless you want to make avegan mascarpone. Let's see immediatelyhow to make mascarpone for tiramisu.
- Heat the cream until it reaches 85 ° C. To estimate the temperature of the cream, use a cooking thermometer (it's cheap, on Amazon you can buy it for 7 - 10 euros, for all the info: cooking thermometer). If you don't want to use a thermometer, turn off the stove before the cream reaches boiling point.
- Add the lemon juice and mix with a whisk.
- Leave the cream on the stove (low heat) for another two or three minutes, continuing to stir.
- As you mix the cream it will tend to thicken but it will do so very slowly.
- Remove the cream from the heat and pour it into a bowl lined with a muslin cloth or a natural cloth that can act as a filter.
- Let it cool for about 30 minutes and then put the bowl in the fridge.
- Let it rest for 24 hours and the next day, the cream that has thickened and remained in the muslin cloth, can be used to prepare your tiramisu! That's yourshomemade mascarpone cheese... easy right?
How to remove the serum to make mascarpone
To filter themascarpone cheese homemade you can use a traditional cloth or buy special sieves with very narrow meshes. Our grandparents, for the preparation of the mascarpone cheesebut also ricotta or fresh spreadable cheeses, they used muslin cloth, a very useful rag in the kitchen. The muslin cloth is ideal for filtering and straining any food, from jams, to ricotta, from vegetable milk to first salt cheese, up to homemade mascarpone cheesein classic version orVegan.
Muslin cloth can be purchased in catering supply stores or by taking advantage of online sales. On Amazon, a large muslin cloth (114 x 114 cm) can be bought at a price of 7.89 euros with free shipping.
Useful link from Amazon: muslin cloth
If you have a virgin cotton kitchen towel you can use it almost like a muslin rag so you don't need to buy it.
The important thing is to use an undyed cloth or a sieve with excellent filtering power. In this way you will not go to retain liquids that would make themascarpone cheesenot very dense and unsuitable for any preparation.
Vegan mascarpone, the recipe
For the recipe ofvegan mascarponeall you have to do is replace the fresh cow's milk cream with vegetable cream. Vegetable cream is found among UHT foods, with a very long shelf life. Among the most popular products we point out the classichopla creamorhulala cream…. I recommend choosing an unsweetened vegetable cream, especially if you intend to use mascarpone to cream risotto or to replace butter in first courses.
Vegetable cream can also be prepared at home from vegetable oil and milk such as almond milk or soy milk. For all the information, I refer you to the recipe:vegetable cream recipe.